Aviation is a highly technical field that requires many individuals with diverse skills to operate safely and efficiently.
Pilots, flight attendants, air traffic controllers, and gate and ramp agents are probably the most recognized in the industry.
However, there are other skilled professionals that are paramount in getting a flight from point A to B safely. One of these professionals is the aircraft dispatcher.
In this guide I will explain and provide the following:
- What an Aircraft Dispatcher does
- Reasons to become an Aircraft Dispatcher
- How to obtain the FAA Aircraft Dispatcher License
- Tips on getting through training
- Links to excellent videos that will provide further knowledge and different perspectives about dispatching
- Links to a few great aircraft dispatcher schools